Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Meanwhile, in a location some distance away...

"You failed in your task, girl" Boomed a terrifying, empty sounding voice, seemingly from all directions. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Forgive me" Sarah pleaded, plaintively. "My mother was there, and she..."

"I know. I saw it all. Forgiveness... no. I think I have a better idea. You want vengence on your mother, don't you Sarah?" The voice surrounded her, teasing her with the possibility.

"What? Yes, I do... more then life itself" She begged with glee, forgetting herself for a moment, as a malicious grin spread across her face.

"I can make the possibility much greater for you, Sarah. All you have to do is take what I give, freely." the voice said, sounding more mechanical and cold then she'd ever heard, as a small globe which glowed with fire, and seemed to have blood flowing around inside, appeared on a pedestal.

"Wha.. What is it?" She asked, trembling with the need for revenge.

"I will not say. The only way to find out, is to reach out and take hold of it." He stated cryptically, which added a sense of slight unease to what she felt.

She thought for a while, the unease growing against her need, her desire for revenge. But then she thought of her mother, and her face twisted as the malicious grin returned, and she reached out and grasped the thing in her hands.

As she stood there, holding it, it seemed to fade, and she felt her mind become clearer, more focused, faster. And there was... something else. Not only was her mind
more powerful, but her body seemed to glow with evil as the malice and hatred flowed through her veins and mind.

"Now you have power" He said simply. "Use it however you wish."

"Yessss" She hissed. "Motherrr... I'll see you again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home